banner requires iframes
Who is the Strongest?
This debate went on and on since titans made their appearance in HOMM2.
Here and today this debate will be sorted out in 1 on 1 combat. First, lets look at their stats:
Now let's compare them:
|Black Dragon||Titan||Who is best?|
|Speed:||6 v.fast||6 v.fast||same|
• Titan costs 1000 more gold than dragon.
• Titan is a little higher on attack and defence, but dragon's damage compensates well for that.
• Titan is a shooter and dragon can fly, so they can get each other from first attack.
• Shooting is considered better than flying, but 2-hex-attack compensates for that.
• Titan has no penalty for attacking adjacent units - unlike other shooters.
• Dragon's spell immunity doesn't let you use good spells on him, but it also doesn't let the enemy use bad spells.
• Titan is immune only to a few spells like berzerk and hypnotise, but he can have other good and bad spells used on him.
Enough small talk, mathematics will solve this. We all know that hero's stats affect his army's stats, so lets suppose both heroes have 0 attack and 0 defence. One of them has 1 titan and another has 1 black dragon. Black Dragon and Titan have the same speed so we'll have to test it 2 times - each time with different monster to attack first. To be fair, we will use an average damage - 25 for titan and 38 for black dragon. Morale and Luck will be netural.
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN !!
ROUND ONE (titan first)
Titan attacks Black Dragon and does 25 damage. 1 point of attack over defence adds 10% to damage. That's 28 damage to Black Dragon. Black Dragon has 272 hit points left.
Black Dragon retaliates and does 38 damage. 1 point of defence over attack reduces damage by 5%. That's 36 damage to Titan. Titan has 264 hit points left.
Black Dragon attacks Titan and does 38 damage. 38-5%=36. Titan has 228 hit points left.
Titan retaliates and does 25 damage. 25+10%=28. Black Dragon has 244 hit points left.
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 216 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan has 192 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan has 156 hp.
(someone is probably shouting BOO! BOO! right now)
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 188 hp.
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 160 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan has 120 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan has 84 hp.
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 132 hp.
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 104 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan has 48 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan has 12 hp.
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 76 hp.
Titan does 28 damage. Dragon has 48 hp.
Dragon does 36 damage. Titan DIES!
• There is clearly no need for round two because dragon has enough hit point for one more attack if titan went first.
• If heroes were allowed to use spells, titan hero could use some kind of blessing spell, but it wouldn't compare with dragon hero's lightining. With spells, Black Dragon wins even faster.
• Of course, shooting is better than flying against slow creatures, but that's not the topic of our debate today.
Black Dragon flies away with pride. He remains undefeated. But times change and in HOMM3 he will have to stand a hard battle against the Archangel. Dragons, conquer while you rule!