banner requires iframes
Heroes V Manual - Made by Fans, Approved by Ubisoft
We have created the manual(s) for you, with the help of the international HOMM community and support from Ubisoft and Nival. We published the first versions on august 1st 2006, and have been improving them since then.
We are committed to bringing you the latest up to date information, in as many languages as possible, and for free! We really appreciate all the kind words you have to say about our work, and value your feedback.
"The result is beyond our expectations for the quality and level of detail"
Fabrice Cambounet, Heroes 5 Producer
The 3.0 pdf manuals are supplied on the game DVD!
After installation, they are located under the FanDocuments/ folder.
Download the manual in your language
The 3.x manuals are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License (by-nc-nd). You can copy and distribute them, for non-commercial purposes and in their original form, as long as you credit the authors (at least referring to this page).
The 1.x and 2.x manuals are licensed under the 2.5 version of the same license.
"Tribes of the East" editions (3.x) - NEW!!
- English Manual 3.0 (48.9Mb) - light (13.0Mb) - published: 11/10/07 - changelog - NEW!!
- French Manual 3.0 (51.6Mb) - light (13.0Mb) - published: 11/10/07 - changelog - NEW!!
- Spanish Manual 3.0 (52.6Mb) - light (13.3Mb) - published: 11/10/07 - changelog - NEW!!
- German Manual 3.0 (51.7Mb) - light (13.3Mb) - published: 11/10/07 - NEW!!
- Italian Manual 3.0 (46.2Mb) - light (12.1Mb) - published: 11/10/07 - NEW!!
- Russian Manual 3.0 (49.6Mb) - light (13.1Mb) - published: 11/10/07 - NEW!!
- The light package contains only the manual pdf, while the standard package also contains Aurelain's skill wheel.
- The Italian edition is not complete yet, but we should get there, eventually.
"Hammers of Fate" editions (2.x)
- English Manual 2.1a (47.5Mb) - light (8.00Mb) - published: 21/11/06 - last update: 28/02/07
- French Manual 2.1a (50.0Mb) - light (8.40Mb) - published: 21/11/06 - last update: 28/02/07
- Spanish Manual 2.1 (49.7Mb) - light (8.44Mb) - published: 21/11/06 - last update: 17/04/07
- Russian Manual 2.1 (48.4Mb) - light (8.56Mb) - published: 02/12/06 - last update: 28/02/07
- Czech Manual 2.1 (46.5Mb) - light (8.11Mb) - published: 19/12/06 - last update: 28/02/07
- Polish Manual 2.1 (49.3Mb) - light (8.53Mb) - published: 20/12/06 - last update: 25/07/07
- German Manual 2.1 (47.3Mb) - light (8.31Mb) - published: 19/06/07
Heroes 5 Original (1.x)
- English Manual 1.5 (44.7Mb) - light (7.36Mb) - published: 01/08/06 - last update: 14/05/07
- French Manual 1.5 (46.9Mb) - light (7.71Mb) - published: 22/08/06 - last update: 14/05/07
- Spanish Manual 1.5 (47.2Mb) - light (7.75Mb) - published: 02/08/06 - last update: 19/05/07
- Russian Manual 1.5 (44.7Mb) - light (7.85Mb) - published: 02/08/06 - last update: 22/05/07
- German Manual 1.5 (44.8Mb) - light (7.60Mb) - published: 22/08/06 - last update: 19/06/07
- Czech Manual 1.5 (44.4Mb) - light (7.49Mb) - published: 10/10/06 - last update: 14/05/07
- Polish Manual 1.5 (45.2Mb) - light (7.69Mb) - published: 20/12/06 - last update: 24/07/07
The new light versions are reduced image quality pdf, targeted for low bandwidth screen display. They have the same contents, artworks, bookmarks... as the classic high quality versions.
The people behind the manuals
Valera Koltsov — project manager, web infrastructure, graphic design.
Stéphane Fidanza — localization coordinator, architecture, pdf design, writing.
Paolo Angelo Sossi — writing, screenshots, proofreading.
Archangel Castle — French localization
Archangel Castle supplied the Skills Trees and some of the map locations screenshots.
Credits to Exeter, Dridri and Círdan.
Drachenwald — German localization
Drachenwald provided ideas for layout and data (Duel Heroes pages, mini-artifact table).
Credits to Caleb, Coras Tar, Hans Maulwurf, Moeffz, SolmyrBln, Andrean, Booky, Koni, Lord, Gunnar, MysticPhoenix and Tedil.
Heroes Centrum — Czech localization
Credits to Jata and pasa for translation, and Jetro for proofreading.
Heroic Corner — Russian localization
Heroic Corner provided very accurate technical details about the game (special credit to alexrom66 and evil_good), the kind of which you were longing to know.
Credits to LaBoule, Alexey Romanikhin aka alexrom66, Vladimir Pavlov.
Jaskinia Behemota — Polish localization
Credits to Morthi, Matiz123, Daimon_Frey, the Heroes V Unofficial Patch team and Ururam Tururam.
La Torre de Marfil — Spanish localization
La Torre de Marfil provided many ideas and feedback.
Credits to Vitirr and Namerutan for translation, Rob_King for screenshots and Tulkas for proofreading.
Credits to Paolo Angelo Sossi for translation.
Additional Credits to
Aurelain for the Skill Wheels.
Everybody who provided feedback, ideas or information, and in particular vyse (for gathering info for the town specializations bonuses), Pitsu and the Celestial Heavens team, Eric Stickland (creatures tables design), Alcibiades and VokialBG (new necromancy tables design).
As you can imagine, creating these manuals and keeping them up-to-date has been a big project, to which contributors dedicated thousands of hours of work. To give you an insight on the production, here are some figures and facts:
- » The project as it is started at the beginning of June 2006.
- » After 2 months of production, the first manuals ready for publication were english, spanish and russian on august 1st 2006.
- » During these first 2 months, I (sfidanza) exchanged 426 emails with the team of contributors to make this project work. That includes discussions, feedback and localization work. 106 of these emails were exchanged in the last 2 days before release (31/07 and 01/08).
- » The work didn't stop there, though: three months later (on November 2nd), the number of exchanged emails is close to a 1000, with 6 new files published, including 3 new localizations.
- » The PHP architecture generating the manuals contains more than 7000 lines of code, not counting the actual content and localization files.
- » The manual design is defined by more than 70 CSS files containing more than 3000 lines.
- » We have corrected about 650 official text files (in texts.pak, over 6 languages) for use in the manual.
- » The generated html source file of the english 1.3 manual contains more than 12500 lines, and is 1.01Mb in size.
- » About 1000 different icons/images are used in the manual, as well as 17 artworks.
- » With the Hammers of Fate additions, the english 2.1 html source file contains nearly 15000 lines, and is 1.25Mb in size. The larger html 2.1 source file is the russian one, with 1.73Mb (due to UTF-8 encoding using multi-byte characters for cyrillic of course, as the contents is the same).