Central Information page for Tribes of the East
"Tribes of the East" (ToE) is Heroes 5 second addon, which also works as a standalone game. It contains all the features of H5/HoF, and adds a lot more. It does NOT contain the maps and campaigns delivered with Heroes 5 and Hammers of Fate.
After installation, they are located under the FanDocuments/ folder.
- » Release date: 11/12 October 2007
- » Released in: Western Europe, Northern Europe, Australia, USA
- » Demo released on 27 september 2007:
The demo contains 2 maps — you can play the Orcs in "Father Sky's Fury" and Inferno in "Agrael's Trial". You will need the following activation code to unlock the second map: 7964-8248-7603-2676.
You can download the demo on one of these sites (the language is for the site, the demo is always in english):
Available information on ToE
ToE features a new faction: Stronghold, home of the mighty Orcs. All creatures now have two possible upgrades: the classic upgrade and an alternate upgrade. Both can be recruited from the same upgraded building in town, and they can even be retrained into one another, for 10% of the creature price. There are no new neutrals in ToE.
- » ToE Stronghold creatures
- » ToE Academy creatures
- » ToE Dungeon creatures
- » ToE Fortress creatures
- » ToE Haven creatures
- » ToE Inferno creatures
- » ToE Necropolis creatures
- » ToE Sylvan creatures
- » ToE creature abilities
As for other factions, there are 8 standard Barbarian heroes (first line in the hero selector). Additionally, there 3 Barbarian campaign heroes in the demo: Gotai, Kujin and Quroq. the Haven and Inferno heroes list contain campaign heroes already. The other factions only have the 8 standard heroes for now.
- » ToE Heroes: Stronghold - Barbarians
- » ToE Heroes: Academy - Wizards
- » ToE Heroes: Dungeon - Warlocks
- » ToE Heroes: Fortress - Runemages
- » ToE Heroes: Haven - Knights
- » ToE Heroes: Inferno - Demon Lords
- » ToE Heroes: Necropolis - Necromancers
- » ToE Heroes: Sylvan - Rangers
- » ToE Hero Specializations
With the appearance of the new alternate upgrades, and new artifacts, all duel heroes have been dramatically updated in ToE, with of course 3 new Barbarian heroes. Remember that you can now create and share your own preset heroes (through the map editor). Here's the list of the 24 official duel heroes:
The Barbarian racial skill is Blood Rage: due to their demonic inheritance, Orcs channel their rage in combat to gain bonuses, like stats increase or new abilities.
The skill system has been drastically opened, and heroes have access to many more skills in ToE. If that somewhat reduces the specifity of faction skill trees, it really opens more strategic choices, and gives a new life to useful, but rarely encountered abillities, like Snatch. To give you a grasp of the new skill architecture, Aurelain updated his marvellous skill wheels (available in various languages). They now include the added skill details to be found in the updated ToE manual.
- » Aurelain's skill wheels (hosted on Celestial Heavens)
Barbarian do not have access to magic per se, but they can learn 6 Warcries which work about the same way as spells (costing Mana for example). Additionally, each classic magic school (Dark, Light, Destructive and Summoning) has 2 new spells.
- » ToE Warcries
- » ToE Dark Magic spells (new: Sorrow and Vampirism)
- » ToE Destructive Magic spells (new: Deep Freeze - Firewall gained from Summoning)
- » ToE Light Magic spells (new: Regeneration and Divine Vengeance)
- » ToE Summoning Magic spells (new: Arcane Crystal, Blade Barrier and Summon Hive)
- » ToE Runic Magic spells
- » ToE Adventure Magic spells
Artifacts and Artifact Sets
"Tribes of the East" introduces 8 new artifacts, and more importantly: artifacts sets. Among the 10 sets, there is a specific set for each faction, that brings an additional bonus to this faction's heroes. On the Artifacts page, you can now filter by 'Source' (last column), i.e. the game version where the artifact first appear. For example, filter on ToE to list only the new artifacts.
The Stronghold town has no magic guild, but a 3-levels structure (Hall of Trial/Courage/Might), where Warcries are learned. Another specific building, the Walker's Hut, sells Talismans to Barbarians that allwos them to cast adventure spells.
- » Stronghold standard buildings
- » Stronghold magic buildings
- » Stronghold dwellings
- » Stronghold Town Specializations
ToE buildings pages for other factions are also available:
- » Academy standard buildings
- » Academy magic buildings
- » Academy dwellings
- » Dungeon standard buildings
- » Dungeon magic buildings
- » Dungeon dwellings
- » Fortress standard buildings
- » Fortress magic buildings
- » Fortress dwellings
- » Haven standard buildings
- » Haven magic buildings
- » Haven dwellings
- » Inferno standard buildings
- » Inferno magic buildings
- » Inferno dwellings
- » Necropolis standard buildings
- » Necropolis magic buildings
- » Necropolis dwellings
- » Sylvan standard buildings
- » Sylvan magic buildings
- » Sylvan dwellings
The map locations pages have been updated with added details about their mechanics, and source tags (orange right border for ToE additions, silver blue for HoF).